A good morning routine can really set the productivity tone for the rest of the day. Some days you will wake at 5am, exercise, meditate, set goals and fuel up on a healthy nutritious breakfast.
Other days… well, you pass on the routine and slip into the office through the backdoor with yesterday’s shirt on and a breath of fresh air for breakfast. It happens.
Some tips for getting started
1. Find out what works best for YOU!!!
Morning routines are unique for everyone, so do not worry about what others are doing or compare yourself. Success and productivity are different for everyone, so listen to your body and know what is realistic for you, then keep up with it.
2. Get moving!
Any movement in the morning will help waken the body and get the blood circulating around the body after your slumber. It can be simple as walking the dog (if you have one) or practicing yoga for 15-20 minutes. For me, exercising increases my motivation and productivity. It helps set the tone for the day, and provides clarity in what lies ahead.
3. Mediation & breathwork
Mediation and breathwork help you find stillness within the mind and achieve clarity of thought. It is a great way to disconnect from technology, recenter with yourself and escape all the noise to concentrate on yourself and how you feel.
The amazing thing about these exercises are they don’t take hours, they’re free and you don’t need any props. Consistency is the only requirement! Start small by setting aside 5-15 minutes within your morning and you’ll soon feel the benefits.
4. Have breakfast!!
Start each day with a healthy breakfast to fuel your day ahead.
We have all sacrificed breakfast for an extra 5 minutes in bed or misjudged our timelines and ran for our morning chariot without time to grab some nosh. A healthy breakfast will lead to more energy, focus and strength throughout the day so it’s not to be missed. Find what breakfast works best for you, slowly releasing energy throughout the day. One option of course is Whole Supp Smart Food.. oh so nutritious!
5. Plan your day ahead
Set daily intentions, prioritise your time & make sure you take time for you! Look at the day ahead with intention and figure out what you want to achieve. Top tip- make a list! It will help you achieve clarity and allow you to prioritise your daily chores with ease. Rome wasn’t built in a day, but maybe it would have been if they’d fueled up with Whole Supp.
Some tips for developing your own morning routine:
- Find what works for you – be flexible. The goal is to help you start the day with positivity and focus, so only keep what supports you in that direction. Consistency is key.
- Consistency is the key to success morning routine. Consistency leads to habits and habits form the actions we take every day. Action lead to success.
- Technology detox -Try not to be checking your emails or scrolling on social media first thing in the morning before peeling yourself out of bed. Use tech for good – track your morning walk or tune into a breathwork session.
- Plan your day the night before to set yourself up for success - Draft a to-do list, book your fitness class or prepare your overnight oats for the next day. All of these things are simple but, it will help you shape your day ahead.
“It is impossible to live without failing at something unless you live so cautiously that you might as well have not lived at all.” - J.K. Rowling
Jul 21, 2021• Posted by Tribe Digital